M&A Activity Report (10.25.2020 – 10.31.2020)
- Engineering and environmental consulting firm, Barr Engineering Co (Minneapolis, MN) acquired environment consulting and natural resource consulting firm, King & MacGregor Environmental (KME) (Grand Rapids, MI). With KME, Barr plans to expand its environmental capabilities and water resources practices in Michigan. KME’s key area of expertise includes wetland and water body assessment, design of constructed wetlands and environmental reviews and permitting.
- Environmental consulting firm, ALL4 (Kimberton, PA) acquired environmental consulting firm, Environmental Strategy Consultants (ECS) (Philadelphia, PA). The acquisition will strengthen ALL4’s expertise in environmental, health and safety (EHS). This acquisition will increase ALL4’s technical depth and breadth and enhance the ability to serve as an outsourced solution to environmental program management.
- One of California’s oldest Architectural firm, 19six Architects (San Luis Obispo, CA) announced education market expert MADI Group (San Jose, CA) has joined its team. Established in 2005 as a planning and architectural firm, MADI group is a leader within educational planning and design. This collaboration will enhance 19six’s overall reach and will expand services to interior design.
- A family-owned provider of construction, engineering, maintenance, staffing, and defense solutions firm, Day & Zimmermann (Philadelphia, PA) has acquired trade services and construction company, EMC Power Canada (Ontario, Canada). EMC provides a wide range of expertise and services in manufacturing, installation, modification and maintenance for power generation and distribution. With this acquisition D&Z plans to expand geographic reach as well as project management capabilities.
- Private equity firm, Vaaka Partners (Helsinki, Finland) acquired a majority stake in construction design and consultancy firm, AINS Group (Espoo, Finland).
- Transportation planning consultancy firm, ITP (Birmingham, UK) joined smart mobility, development planning and engineering firm, Royal HaskoningDHV (Amersfoort, Netherlands). With this consolidation, both firms will enhance strengths in sustainable and smart mobility to intelligently address 21st century mobility changes.
- In the second announced deal of the week Royal HaskoningDHV (Amersfoort, Netherlands) acquired management consultancy firm Novius (Langbroek, Netherlands). Novius is specialized in strategic business transformation. With this acquisition Royal HaskoningDHV will increase strength in the field of digital transformation to support organizations even better in developing a sustainable business strategy and future-proof operation.
- Global environmental and advisory consultancy firm, SLR (Aylesbury, UK) acquired planning and development consultancy firm, KDC (Newcastle, Australia). With this acquisition SLR will provide additional expertise in development and strategic planning advice. SLR will also able to offer true end-to-end planning services, particularly to clients in the Built Environment sector.
- Environmental, engineering, and mining consultancy Wardell Armstrong (Stoke-on-Trent, UK) acquired the business and assets of an independent archaeological practice firm, Archaeological Solutions (AS) (Bury St Edmunds, UK). AS provides services to both public and private sector and with this move Wardell plans to grow its existing archaeological and heritage team.